how to set animated gif as facebook profile picture
If you haven’t already heard the awesome news – Facebook has rolled out new seven-second video profile pictures.
To find out if you’re one of the lucky ones you’ll have to check your profile on the mobile app right now.
But it only works if you have iOS software.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- GO TO THE ‘MORE’ TAB
- CLICK YOUR NAME TO ACCESS YOUR PROFILE
- IF YOU HAVE THE OPTION FOR A GIF PICTURE, YOU’LL BE TAKEN TO A NEW CREATIVE SUITE
- HEAD TO YOUR PROFILE IMAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE
- YOU’LL NOTICE AN ICON FLASHING BETWEEN THE CAMERA AND VIDEO SYMBOL ON YOUR PIC
- CLICK IT AND CHOOSE THE VIDEO OPTION
The new profile pictures are just one of a number of changes Facebook has made recently.
It will also add easier visibility controls for the About section – including a new 100-character Bio field – and roll out a mobile-centric design with centred profile photos and larger sections for photos and friends.
The new features are designed to highlight ‘what’s going on in their life, what’s important to them now in more expressive ways’, Facebook project manager Aigerim Shorman toldTechCrunch.
Putting more emphasis on biographical information will also help to optimise Facebook’s substantial advertising engine.
Appeonix Creative Lab